Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Looking back at my 2009 predictions

Let's look back at my sleeper recommendations from early 2009. Red for those that didn't work out and green for those that did.

Hitters:
• Ian Stewart, 2B/3B - COL
• Travis Snider, OF - TOR
• Aaron Hill, 2B - TOR
• Kendry Morales, 1B/OF - LAA
• Mike Fontenot, 2B - CHN
• Jason Kubel, OF - MIN
• Dexter Fowler, OF - COL

Pitchers:
• Rafael Soriano, RP - ATL
• Jordan Zimmermann, SP - WAS
• Kyle Davies, SP - KC
• Edwin Jackson, SP - DET

Overall, not a bad performance, especially when you consider that the ones I got right were some of the best value picks of the year. Not coincidentally, I won my rotisserie money league in 2009 with help from $1 pickups Kubel, Soriano and E-Jax. I dropped Kendry Morales after his early season struggles, which was the worst move I made last year - let us never speak of it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment